Tuesday 17 November 2015

Free Verse Poetry

 Description: We have been learning about Free verse Poetry where you don't have to rhyme or have any amount of lines. I wrote my poem about Christmas. We also had to put some language features in our writing like alliteration, similes and also giving a non living thing a livings things actions. Example:The pillow lay there as if it was asleep.

Big Idea:

Snow falls from the air, 

the gingerbread smell, 

the pine needles from the Christmas tree circling the smell around the room.

 Present rappings and cards, happiness dancing around the street. 

Christmas carols, bells ringing. 

Family’s get together surprises smiles. 

Christmas lights decorations,

Snowmen cold and the fire blazing.

Evaluation: I think I have done very well because I have created a image in 
the readers mind, when I write a free verse poem again I might try and add more language features, like similes and alliteration.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment