Wednesday, 19 November 2014
Wednesday, 24 September 2014
Today our class did a term 3 review on how this term went for us, I made a poster in my day book to show you how my term went this year. The first thing is the things that were a highlights for is then it was our achievements then what our goal for next term was or what we wished for to happen in our learning.
Thursday, 18 September 2014
Eb (dress from around the world)-
Every Wednesday we have been learning about the inquiry process while finding out about different cultural dress from around the world. The first stage of an inquiry is to gather information ‘Get It’. First we chose a culture we wanted to find out more about and then started researching.
Get It, Sort It, Use It Model
1. What are you most proud of? The thing I am most proud of is that I found lot of information then I made a new creation that did not look the same to the indian headwear I was making.
2. What did you find challenging? The challenging thing was attaching the side fabric to the wire.
3. My next ‘Get It’ goal is? Is to make more indian patterns to make the piece more cultural.
Thursday, 11 September 2014
My writing goal this term was use a variety of simple, complex, and compound sentences
I have used a variety of simple, complex and compound sentences to build interest and suspense.
I have organised and sequenced my ideas into paragraphs for purpose and effect.
TASK: craft a free-choice piece of writing that shows how I am developing my goal
How has your writing has improved this term? Yes because Suzanne has taught me that I can't tell the reader you describe to the reader and I think I have improved that.
The part of my story I am most proud of is paragraph... I think I have made the reader build more suspense because I have used lots of words like suddenly, just then I heard.
Next time, what is a goal you can work towards? My goal for next time is to create more imaginary I will do that by using more similes and rich language.
Feedback/Feedforward: I really like the way you have made me want to read more so I knew were she was. You have some very cool similes and fit into the sentences. There were a couple of words that were mentioned a few times in some of your sentences. Like realised.
- Show, explain, prove your goal and how you did it
- Clear message
- Two questions to show your learning
- Correct answer
- What are you most proud of and why? I am most proud of that I showed in my movie how I knew and the things that were required.
- What challenged you the most and why? The thing that challenged me most was that explaining the goal.
- Next time, what is a goal you can work towards? Don't rub the speaker while talking so it does not make background sounds that cover my voice.
Monday, 18 August 2014
Tuesday, 12 August 2014
Sunday, 3 August 2014
Thursday, 3 July 2014
How does a Hangi cook our food?
What I thought when I had not heard of it: I thought that you dig a hole put sticks on the bottom and then light it then you put the food on to cook. But did you know that this is not how you cook a hangi so I will you show you the process.
Process of how to cook a Hangi.
1. First Dig a hole.
2. Then chuck news paper and wood in the hole.
3. When you think it is hot enough then throw some big stones in.
4. When the stones start to get kinda red.
5. Put the food in and wait for it to cook.
Wednesday, 2 July 2014
My writing goal is to: Write a variety of simple, compound and complex sentences.
The reason I have decided to focus on this goal is because: because it was in my report.
I will accomplish my goal by: trying to use it every day.
My reading goal is to: to use discussion to consider alternative viewpoints.
The reason I have decided to focus on this goal is because: it was in my report.
I will accomplish my goal by: Finding more about view points and asking Suzanne my reading teacher more about my goal.
My maths goal is to: use a range of strategies with accuracy.
The reason I have decided to focus on this goal is because my report said it
I will accomplish my goal by: Using a range of strategies like double half or the split strategy.
My personal goal is to focus on the learning intention.
The reason I have decided to focus on this goal is because: it is in my report I need to work on that.
I will accomplish my goal by: trying to focus on the learning intention always.
Monday, 30 June 2014
Sir Peter Blake was a captain for yachting for the Amercia and New Zealand World Cup. Unfortantly he was sailing and got killed by pirates. Sir Peter Blake used to wear red and white socks when he was doing the yachting competitions. He used to wear them all the time. Sir Peter James Blake, was a New Zealand yachtsman who won the 1989–90 Whitbread Round the World Race.
- What do I want to be: I would like to become a Famous High-Jumper In The Omlypics!
- How might I do it: I will keep Following my dream and try and find out a way to do it. By keep practicing. I need a coach and be practicing like 6 hours a day. To get really good at it.
I think your dreams are really passionate. I bet you would be a famous high jumper. If being in the Olympics is your dream you have to practise hard. Also watch the people in the Olympics do high jumps again and again.
Wednesday, 25 June 2014
Buddy Comment: Well done Grace! You are doing really well at grasshopper tennis you just need to work on you 'Cut the cheese'!
- What are you most proud of and why? I am proud that I can balance the tennis ball on the racquet while moving it.
- What challenged you the most and Why? The thing that I was challenged by was cut the cheese because it is harder to use the slimmer side of the racquet.
- Next time, what is a goal you can work towards? To work on cutting the cheese so I can get really good at tennis.
Monday, 23 June 2014
Tuesday, 17 June 2014
Sunday, 15 June 2014
Task: make a panoramic photo showing integrity
How I Show Integrity: I showed integrity by getting on with my writing without being told to.
How I Have Not Been Showing Integrity: Sometimes I just walk past some pencils when I could have just picked them up and then I would have been showing Integrity.
Reflection: I think me Ross, Aye and I did really well on our panoramic I still think we could work on what we are doing.
Thursday, 12 June 2014
Wednesday, 11 June 2014
The White Horse
Monday, 9 June 2014
- use a range of verbs (evaporate, melt, etc.)
- use a variety of specific vocabulary (matter, solid, liquid, gas)
- add significant detail to describe each part (examples, diagram, giff)
- vary sentence starters
- organise my ideas into at least 5 paragraphs
Feed forward: I think you need to work on nothing. Comment by Rosalind.S
perfectly. I did my description my WALT and my image.
Thursday, 5 June 2014
Wednesday, 4 June 2014
Feedback:I think you did a really great drawing. I think that you took your time to do your picture by the way it looks.
Feed Forward: I think you could maybe explain what is in the picture and put a bit more detail into the drawing. Rosalind :)
Monday, 2 June 2014
What I learnt: I learnt that mnemonics can be fun as well as challenging they can really help you with your learing the way I made the letters bold.
I think I did really well and met to the standerd.
Monday, 26 May 2014
We had a task to use anything to show a math sample here it is.
We were learning to do the double and half strategy. Sophie and I have done 16x5=80 because half of 16 is 8 then double 5 which is 10. So then 10x8=80. That means 16x5=80
Great job Grace I can really see what you are trying to teach other people,
I think lots of people will now know that great work keep it up.
Tuesday, 20 May 2014
Thursday, 15 May 2014
Wednesday, 14 May 2014
Wednesday, 7 May 2014
Wednesday, 16 April 2014
Sunday, 13 April 2014
Task: Compare the things Auggie told the class with what you want people to know about you: