Tuesday 19 May 2015

Catch Me If You Can- Defense

WALT: Defensive skills and movements

Description:
Every week we learn about skills and movement that will help us play sports. This term’s focus has been around defense. We made a video showing some of the goals we have been practicing. I have highlighted the things I think I have done well YELLOW and one thing I would like to work on PINK.

Success Criteria:


Body Movement

  • Weight on balls of feet
  • Feet shoulder width apart
  • Knees flexed
  • Concentration and eyes on ball, head and eyes up
  • Push hard off outside foot and go forwards to attack pass
  • Quick small feet, stay on balls of feet
  • Arms within confines of body
  • Take feet to ball
  • Land with a SBP
Intercepting
  • Body angled to see player and ball
  • Anticipate pass and player movement
Restrictive Marking
  • Meet player as they start towards the ball/where they want to go
  • stay close to the attacking player
  • Head and eyes up, arms close to body to avoid obstruction/contact
  • Angle body so attacking player is ‘pushed’ away from where he/she wants to go
  • 0.9m from ball carrier




Evaluation: I think that I need to work on Push hard off outside foot and go forwards to attack pass.
One thing I think I did really well was pivoting out to the ball and away. I think I also need to work on landing in a stable position.


FeedBack and FeedForward: I think you did really well at having your knees bent so you can get that ball. Next time you could work on your SBP ( Stable body postion) because you are stepping when you have got the ball. Georgia

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your evaluation Grace. Stable feet will prevent you from stepping. Also you might want to work on staying on the balls of your feet with flexed knees ready to spring forward as a run instead of one step or one jump.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete