WALT: Defensive skills and movements
Every week we learn about skills and movement that will help us play sports. This term’s focus has been around defense. We made a video showing some of the goals we have been practicing. I have highlighted the things I think I have done well YELLOW and one thing I would like to work on PINK.
- Weight on balls of feet
- Feet shoulder width apart
- Knees flexed
- Concentration and eyes on ball, head and eyes up
- Push hard off outside foot and go forwards to attack pass
- Quick small feet, stay on balls of feet
- Arms within confines of body
- Take feet to ball
- Land with a SBP
- Body angled to see player and ball
- Anticipate pass and player movement
- Meet player as they start towards the ball/where they want to go
- stay close to the attacking player
- Head and eyes up, arms close to body to avoid obstruction/contact
- Angle body so attacking player is ‘pushed’ away from where he/she wants to go
- 0.9m from ball carrier
Evaluation: I think that I need to work on Push hard off outside foot and go forwards to attack pass.
One thing I think I did really well was pivoting out to the ball and away. I think I also need to work on landing in a stable position.
FeedBack and FeedForward: I think you did really well at having your knees bent so you can get that ball. Next time you could work on your SBP ( Stable body postion) because you are stepping when you have got the ball. Georgia