Wednesday 10 June 2015

Maths

Description: In maths this term we have been learning about three types of strategies reversibility, rounding & compensating, equal addition and place value partitioning. We have also been having workshops for maths I am in Troy A.














Big Idea: I have mainly been working on place value & partitioning. Here is how you do it,

234 + 138 = 372
    
8 + 4 = 12
30 + 30 = 60
100 + 200 = 300

300 + 60 = 360 + 12 = 372


Evaluation: Next time I need to work on Place Value & Partitioning to make sure
I get the right answer every time. What strategy I have done well at is Reversibility.

FeedBack/FeedForward: i think you have worked out all of the problems well. but maybe next time you could show more working out on problems 3 and your second way of working out problem 4.

1 comment:

  1. Grace, you have clearly shown how you solved these questions and what strategy you have used. I am impressed with how you chose to present this and it makes it very easy for your viewers to see how to do each strategy. This is an exemplary post, Well Done!

    ReplyDelete